At Indibni we celebrate the joy of having food together, daily.
Chef Gusteau in film Ratatouille said, Anybody can Cook !
To experience the same, we started a ritual at our studio. Once in a month, we encourage any of our team member to take the responsibility to cook meal for whole team. For the first time we enjoyed the delicious Biryani, came from the kitchen by our very own On day Bawarchi – Yogesh Soni.
Ingredients Of Vegetable Biryani
● 1 kg soaked basmati rice
● 5 large sliced onion
● 8 clove
● 200 gm chopped bean green
● salt as required
● 4 green cardamom
● water as required
● 7 tablespoon ghee
● 1 teaspoon black cumin seeds
● 2 cinnamon
● 2 teaspoon ginger paste
● 100 gm peas
● 100 gm chopped cauliflower
● 100 gm sliced carrot
● 2 pinches powdered black pepper
● 2 bay leaf
● Everest Biryani Masala.
● Coriander leaves
How to Make Vegetable Biryani
● Drain the rice under cold running water and soak it for half an hour.
● Heat a pan with 4 tablespoons of ghee in it over moderate flame. Fry the sliced onion till golden brown and remove with a slotted spoon. Drain fried slices of onion on absorbent paper.
● In the same pan, saute half of the black cumin seeds till they begin to sizzle. Add cloves,cinnamon, peppercorns and saute them till they get fragrant.
● Add ginger and saute for one minute. Now add salt, pepper and vegetables and saute them over a low heat till the vegetables are almost tender add Everest Biryani Masala as required.
● In the meanwhile, in a separate large pan, bring 8 cups water to a boil with 2 teaspoons of salt.
● Tie the remaining cloves, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, black cardamoms and green cardamoms in a piece of muslin cloth to make a small bundle (potli) and add to the water with bay leaves.
● Cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes to allow the spices to infuse the water with their flavor.
● Drain the rice, add to the pan and cook till half done. Remove from the heat and reserve the strained water.
● Stir the remaining ghee into the rice and set aside.To assemble the biryani, spread half the fried onions at the base of a deep heavy-bottomed heat proof casserole.
● Mix the vegetables and rice properly and Spread half the onions over the rice.
● For garnishing, Coriander leaves. Serve hot with Boondi Raita!